Restoratives with Therapeutics
Amrita Yoga at Nerul Ashram, Navi Mumbai, India
2-day Weekend Workshop on June 28th & 29th, 2014
The body and mind are both interconnected and interdependent instruments. A healthy mind and body are vital for holistic living. To ensure the wellbeing of both, the ancient Indian rishis (seers) divined the holistic practices of yoga and meditation. Masters, who have interpreted and adapted the age-old teachings, in keeping with the times, have shared this invaluable wealth to interested seekers throughout the ages. Today, Amma is imparting the riches of this ancient wisdom to modern society through Amrita Yoga.
Amrita Yoga offers a holistic approach to asana practice uniquely imbued with awareness and devotion; it teaches the art of tuning to one’s true being, a deep journey within, and a practice of connecting with one’s own essence.
Restore and Renew! Restful Yoga for Busy Times!
Are you looking for a practice that will nourish and restore you after a busy week?
Restorative Yoga is a gentle healing form of Hatha Yoga, practiced with props to provide a supportive environment where you can de-stress, unwind, relax, and release tension in order to bring about balance, wellbeing, and stillness in your life.
The yoga postures melt away physical and mental tension and deeply relax the mind and body as they move towards balance and inner rhythm. They also assist the body’s ability to heal injuries and recover from illness by releasing tension that would otherwise impede recovery. The yoga postures offer benefits to both body and mind, for conditions ranging from insomnia, chronic pain, stress, fatigue, and depression.
Therapeutic aspects of yoga allow us to:
- Gain acceptance of “what is,” recognize and appreciate our strengths, rather than emphasize our perceived weaknesses
- Honor limitations and find our personal power
- Honor our condition, disease, or disability without over-identifying with it
We invite you to experience this easy method of self-care and learn ways to use props to do restoratives with therapeutics at home.
- An approach that is slow and deeply nurturing with therapeutics
- Suitable for all ages and all levels of yoga practice, including beginners
- 7 hours of Asanas (demonstration & practice) + 2 hours of Discussion and Self-practice
- Use of Props like blankets, chairs, straps, and cushions
Email to register and for further details – email@example.com