Effective January 1, 2010
What information does M.A.Center collect?
M.A.Center collects the Personal information only from persons who contact us and voluntarily provide the information to us or that is given to us by various affiliated Amma organizations (satsangs and centers) that have your permission to share your Personal information. “Personal information” means your name, shipping/mailing address, telephone number, fax number, email address, credit or debit card account number and may include your retreat registration and donation preferences.
How M.A. Center uses the Personal Information
We use your Personal information to respond to and fulfill requests for products and services including:
1. sending information about the activities of Amma, M.A.Center and our affiliates
2. sending you our e-newsletters
3. contacting you about the status of your orders, donations and retreat registrations
4. completing your purchases and retreat registrations
5. completing your donations
When we disclose personal information to others
1. M.A.Center does exchange Personal information with various affiliated Amma organizations (satsangs and centers) in the U.S. and abroad so that they can contact people on the mailing list about Amma programs and events.
2. M.A.Center’s mailing list, including the Personal information we receive through the Internet, is never shared with any commercial organizations and is never sold, rented or given to unrelated third parties.
3. M.A.Center will disclose Personal information to third parties if we believe in good faith that the law requires us to do so.
Right to control and correct Personal information
1. Individuals who wish to register online for Amma retreats are asked to open an “account” in which they provide a user name and password. Individuals can access their account to change that information during open registration time simply by clicking on “Register online” link. Please contact us at email@example.com at any other time to change that information.
2. Individuals who wish to receive information about MA Center activities via the E-newsletter provide name and email address. Individuals can change the information at any time by accessing their account themselves. For this, log into lists.ammagroups.org, then enter the email address. Choose ‘Forgot Password’ if password is not available, and a new password will be emailed to the given email address. Follow the instructions in the email to access the account and update it.
Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, to update your preferences
3. Individuals who purchase goods or services from the bookstore or who give donations are asked to supply their Personal information at each transaction. Individuals can change the information at any time by emailing us at email@example.com
How we protect your Personal information
1. M.A.Center uses a secure server with 128 bit encryption to assure the security of the data being transmitted to M.A.Center. M.A.Center’s database is protected from unauthorized access by a series of highly sophisticated software protection programs.
2. M.A.Center secures the Personal information, including credit card numbers, received from individuals who make online purchases from M.A. Center. Our secure server software provides protection for your Personal information. We encrypt all of your Personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot be read as the information travels over the Internet. This data is used only to confirm our existing records. Sensitive data is also encrypted while being stored on our server.
3. M.A. Center limits access to your Personal information to those persons that are required to fulfill the requests for information, services or products. Your Personal information is password protected with access only to those selected and authorized persons.
2. M.A.Center gives the option to the user to store their personal preferences as cookies. These cookies are for your convenience only, and are not used for any other purpose.
Travel exchange bulletin board
1. M.A. Center provides a travel exchange bulletin board. M.A. Center does not and has no obligation to monitor this bulletin board.
2. If you use the Travel exchange on this site, please be aware that any Personal information you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of this board, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the Personal information you choose to submit to this bulletin board.
Amendment of Policy